Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Journey of a Thousand Miles

Welcome to my blog! I'm Bill, a graduate student in mathematics at UCLA studying set theory. I'm starting this blog to improve my math communication skills, and to share in the experience of learning math with people from all around the world.

Here are some of the kinds of posts you can expect from me:

  • My account of any talks, seminars, or conferences I attend. Live your UCLA dream vicariously through me!
  • Announcements of my own work. (Hopefully!!)
  • Random set theory facts.
  • My own Math Overflow-type problems for you, the reader, to think about! (Warning: may be trivial)
  • Multi-post projects to understand a deep result or a series of related results.
  • Attempts to learn mathematical things outside of set theory (recent dabblings include topology, analytic number theory, enumerative combinatorics).

I hope this blog will suit your interests. I'm trying to cater to:

  • Students and researchers in set theory, the main audience.
  • Other mathematicians who are trying to understand our rich subject.
  • People who can offer their insight on my posts outside of set theory. Enlighten me!
  • People interested in problem-solving and Olympiad math.
  • Myself, to create a record of ideas that occupied me at some time. Extended mind and all that!

Not every post will be interesting to everyone, but I think I'll have good things to write about! Are you excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment